A retainer is like a monthly fee. It's perfect for those who know that they will need design services throughout the year and want to reserve a photographer's time.
Since its purpose is to retain the designer/photographer, it is paid up front each month before work is ordered.
Essentially, you are "pre-ordering" time versus a service. Since I will anticipate a preset number of hours of work from you, I will block out my schedule with the appropriate time each month. This gives me the ability to plan my workload accordingly.
This gives you the certainty of a pre-established amount of work each month without having to worry about what else is "in the queue" ahead of you. It's more efficient for all involved.
Why choose a retainer program for your business?
• Plan your project deadlines with peace of mind - guaranteed amount of prioritized work each month.
• Discounts — you get discounted rate compared to normal fees.
• Simplified accounting — you pay a set amount each month for the duration of the retainer contract.
• Less paperwork — eliminate contracts to sign and multiple invoices to track on a per project basis.
• No overhead — you get consistent access to a photographer without the overhead of an employee.
For more of my life & photography